duminică, 12 iulie 2009

My Life, My Dream, My JasminTree

When I was little, my parents use to have a jasmine tree in the front yard. For me, that tree was magical in spring. It was the highlight of my day, everyday. I would pass by it everyday on my way to school and anoint my senses with its perfume. It almost became a good luck charm.

I don't know if you ever remembered places or events by their smell rather than by an image or a sound but I do. For me, jasmine perfume became the reminder of everything home stood for: the early Danube breeze, my favorite apple tree in the yard, my mom's voice, a safe and tranquil environment, everything that was familiar to me I could find by exploring that perfume.

Unfortunately, I never found an incense or a perfume that would smell exactly like my childhood jasmine tree. If I did, I think I would have bought a huge quantity so that I could feel like home everywhere in the world.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu