luni, 13 iulie 2009

Welcome to Baneasa Airport

People never cease to amaze me. But hey, that makes life more interesting, right?

Today I needed to accompany someone to the airport so I woke up quite early. We called a cab and got to the airport 45 minutes and two wrinkles later, after enduring crazy traffic, angry Monday morning people and honks, a lot of honks.

There are two access gates to the airport, one of the two, particularly the Departures was blocked and you will never guess why.

There were two women, one was cleaning the floor and the other one was making sure nobody passed by so the wet floor won't get dirty again. She would post herself in front of you and inform you very stiffly that you can't pass because you'll leave marks on the wet floor. She was more vigilant than a "police line".

I might have been a little sleepy but the first thing that I did was to look for a "candid camera" because that was the only logical explanation I could think of at the time. To my total disappointment but not to my surprise I found no camera and realized the hard truth. It was not a joke, she was actually preventing people from entering the airport because the floor was being cleaned.

We had to wait about 20 minutes until the floor got cleaned AND it dried in order to enter the airport.

I don't know if "incredible" is the word to describe this but I'm pretty sure that these airport services are unique in the world.

The warm welcome continued when we got to the information desk to ask for clarifications regarding the flight which was delayed 4 hours and got the following answer: "It's not my problem, deal with the airline company".

Trust me, you really need a lot of control to cope with that. Maybe it's because it's Monday or maybe it's because it's the 13th, I don't know but I think that in days like this they should really give people their money back, close down, go home and come back when they feel more client oriented.

The flight hasn't took off yet so I bet this is going to be a long day. I wanted to say "a long Monday the 13th" but as much as I would like to believe that these things happen only accidentally and ruled by bad luck I know that it's actually the real, constant and undisputed reality of all days.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu